Here are some recorded student sessions that you can review at your leisure.
January 14, 2016
- Brief introduction on tackling the Pastebin quiz.
- How to write Maltego transforms.
- How to adapt your existing scripts to run as Maltego transforms.
- The zip file that has the code you need is here.
December 18, 2015 – Note there were video issues the first 6 minutes or so. Sorry about that!
- Instagram’s authentication changes.
- New course site design.
- Tackling the first Skill Tester.
October 6, 2015
- Showing the student help section of the site.
- Showing the Kibana dashboard module.
- Connecting Python to the TOR network. (Polipo config here).
August 19, 2015
- Instagram results not matching what they report (comments and like numbers are bigger than what we retrieve).
- Twitter debugging: figuring out when you mistyped a URL or your credentials.
- CSV writing, the new and awesome way (from the YouTube module).
- Better visualizations from Fusion Tables (this is a trick that might turn into a blog post but is not part of the course)
- I show off my Twitter keys 10 seconds after I say I wouldn’t. Fail.
July 31, 2015
- String substitutions in Python.
- Handling special language output (i.e. Hebrew, Arabic).
- General debugging tips in Wing.
- How to tackle the first Twitter Challenge converting usernames and user ID’s.